Welcome To The Modern Goddess

Visual exploration of fantasies in gender-fluidity, femininity, glamour,transformation, illusion, cross-dressing, dominance and submission. Images posted here are NSFW and are the properties of the respective owners.


Thursday, September 22, 2011

[Classic Caption]"The Last Father's Day" or "A Prayer Answered"


Originally posted to Rachel's Haven on June 2008

 I think of all the captions I've ever written, I'm proudest of this one.  I will tell you now that if you are looking for something with a most sexual nature, this caption won't be it.  I really wanted to write something that captured sacrifice and unconditional love in it's purest form.  It was made for the June 2008 caption contest (the theme was Father's Day).  I haven't been at the haven longer than a month and this was the first time I actually entered a contest.  I was very new to captioning and looking at it now, I can see visual mistakes I wouldn't make now.  Regardless, the story was what I was truly going for so I that was my focus. 

This turned out to be the winner of that month and I was very surprised at the response it received.  While I have rarely used the pregnancy trope in a caption, I do understand the allure of it.  There is perhaps no other action that embodies femininity than giving life. To feel a life growing inside you and becoming bonding with that child is something I I believe holds one of the highest honors in our society.  Usually when I use it, I try to take great care with it in captions.  Still, there is a sensual allure to feeling the weight of a pregnant body as well.

I hope you enjoyed this sentimental look at captioning.  Until next time, doll.s

1 comment:

  1. We did a 3 part series for Bren in 2008 I think as a birthday gift. You did the first panel, I did the 2nd, and someone else did the 3rd. I enjoyed THAT pregnancy caption series as well.

    I bring that up because someone was asking for more pregnancy captions in my Formspring. I didn't want to post just mine, because it being the middle one, it really didn't have much of a back story OR an ending, though that doesn't seem to stop me much now huh? LOL

    Looking back, you had only started at the Haven in May of 2008? It seemed to me that you had a bit of a following and caption experience already when I got there .. and I had just started in March of 2008. I guess that you had just come in as a house of fire and swept people off their feet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...