Welcome To The Modern Goddess

Visual exploration of fantasies in gender-fluidity, femininity, glamour,transformation, illusion, cross-dressing, dominance and submission. Images posted here are NSFW and are the properties of the respective owners.


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

[Ask The Goddess] Quality vs. Popularity

 

Which would make you happier to create? A cap that you don't think is very good, but is VERY well received, or a cap that you think is great, but receives no comments whatsoever?

I work hard to be this good!

This is a difficult question for me because I'm always aware of the audience.  I first and foremost write for myself - If I don't truly like it or see potential, then I won't post caption.  I have a folder of "B-sides and draft caps" that no one has ever seen because I wasn't pleased with the outcome.  Still, there is a huge motivation within me to try to make the perfect caption or write the perfect story.  When I make a caption for someone, I want to wow them and leave them excited.  If I didn't I feel like I didn't do a good enough job, than I want to try again. 

That all said, I always set out to make good captions that are well-received.  Many times I've scratched my head at the responses captions have gotten.  Some I've made and thought were only OK have been wildly popular while others I've personally loved with all my heart have gone all but unnoticed.  I can't control it and if I could I would bottle it and use it as a writer or artist!  I suppose if I had to choose, I would perfer to make a popular caption because I already know I can't control the response.  If I go out and make the best caption possible, than I should be happy with whatever response I get.  Because ultimately, I want to involve some kind of response, even if it's not the one I wanted or expected.

On a side note, I had a second question on formspring to answer, but I accidentally erased it.  I would love to see what it was so if you've recently sent me a question or you just want to add another one to it, than please go ahead and ask me anything.  Until next time dolls.  

   

3 comments:

  1. I bet a lot of TG cappers feel this way, I know I do. I often find the response to my captions baffling and hard to predict. Ultimately all of us enjoy the approval of others, but it's always going to be impossible to please the entire community. TG covers such a broad spectrum of personal kinks, that I've given up believing there is such a thing as a 'perfect caption'. What you have are captions that appeal to a broad audience, and captions that appeal only to a very distinct and discrete audience. Ultimately it is important that you make the captions that you enjoy as that should be the prime reason for doing this.

    Everyone who visits this blog does so because they enjoy your captions and finds them appealing. I think people have certain expectations of what you will produce, but personally I've always felt that everyone should be free to create what they want. Another issue is simply feedback. Sometimes people may be enjoying a caption, but the never tell anyone about it.

    Your captions are fantastic and I am sure you will continue to receive a positive response as you continue to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel like that too as a fellow creator...

    Sometimes people have posted their comments over something I didn't know it would get so many comments like my first attempt at the werewoman universe. I was a bit intrigued all around about that universe and I didn't know if I would create something worthy and then... BLAM! a lots of comments about how interesting and captivating was my personal touch at the werewoman with the weremistress saga "giggle"

    And then from time to time I get comments about creating symbiote caps. Personally I think I just do them relatively good but then again I don't think they are too much erotical to keep on asking!

    There are so many kinks to explore that I find it best to stick to what you like and let from time to time explore a new one. Trying to explore all the kinks is not only bothersome but tedious and ultimately will only bring bad caps!

    Then you have the broad majority of followers who won't take a time to comment or are just way to shy... Leaving around a handful of 20! or 30! potential commenters and there is also the bunch of commenters who will just post anonymously...

    Another thing to consider is that I found quite receptive that If I comment over what I've been commented people tend to comment back in the next post (Not just the usual commenter) ^-^

    But of course the final call is always in the owner of the blog.

    For those that are just way also tend to send me an email or post something over "Formspring" or "Wufoo"

    Most importantly is being nice with the commenters and try to appeal to their interests once in awhile. Thats allows you to create a faithful circle of followers ^-^

    Of course If I see something that gets on my interest in your blog. I will comment over it no matter if I you posted it a week ago or not!

    And finally you are an awesome captioneer to worry so much about the level of your work!

    Hugs and Kisses Alectra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found myself re-doing a few captions because I wasn't happy with the premise, but most of the time that doesn't happen.

    There are some things of my own I would like to work on, but I get caught up in capbacks on the Haven and requests through Formspring. I guess I put others before myself. lol

    Comments are always nice to recieve from captions, but I can understand why someone doesn't comment.

    Keep up the great work, Simone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...