Welcome To The Modern Goddess

Visual exploration of fantasies in gender-fluidity, femininity, glamour,transformation, illusion, cross-dressing, dominance and submission. Images posted here are NSFW and are the properties of the respective owners.


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

[Exclusive Caption] - "Upstaged" or "You Can Come Home Again"

Wouldn't you love to be the pretty one in the family?



the Simone Version - very much obvious who it's done by

This is the first exclusive for the new year and this one will be followed by a treat.  When I complained about design to Victoria, she decided to give me pointers on more clean, quick designs.  In it, she did something I thought of doing, but she executed it better than I could have dreamed of.  all she did was take the same source pic and my text and give it a different vibe.  To me her's looks more like a magazine add, which fits will with the source image.  I LOVE her look and I'll be sure to use some element in it within my own caps. But it just shows you how two people can take the same thing but see different things in it.  My reluctant to split the picture up was due to not wanting to damage the pic or lose the family within it.  SHE told me because the family was background in the story, it was easier to split the image and focus on the two women. 

Got to love the fashion spread layout she used.  Check her blog to see more of her design elements.

2 comments:

  1. The Victoria version is more immediate raising the comparisons of the now two sisters in the storyline head on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both caps are strong. Victoria's really focuses me on the image. I look at the title, to the girl on the right, to the title, to the girl on the left, back to the title, and only then to I go tot he story.

    Simone's is a little more balanced. I look at the image, then move down to the story. At the end of the story I move back up and re-examine the image with the proper context. Only then to my eyes move over to the title, and the background.

    I can't say that I would pick one or the other as 'better'. They are both really good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...