Welcome To The Modern Goddess

Visual exploration of fantasies in gender-fluidity, femininity, glamour,transformation, illusion, cross-dressing, dominance and submission. Images posted here are NSFW and are the properties of the respective owners.


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Pandora's Gift" or "Unwrapping The New You"

Yesterday, Evie made me something naughty, so I thought this was the proper way to return the favor:



This is one of those happy accidents that become something more than  you expect.  A new member at Rachel's Haven asked me for some advice during an IM session.  My advice to them was to use a picture to enhance instead of re-describing the image.  Little details are OK, but no need to go over every little thing that appears.  As an example, I showed them this image and told them to give me a method of change and two details or stipulations.  She choose "Cursed item", "Permanent Change" and "Mental Changes."

For this, I stuck with a straightforward transformation caption because in my experience no where does the "show, not tell" rule get broken more than with these types of caps.  A common thing to do with a transformation caption is to take every detail and talk about every change.  The end result turns into three paragraphs about the swelling of breasts or the transformation of a cock to a pussy.

In this one, I tried to use only a few things to emphasize the change, but limit my use of details in the image itself.  I mainly used the clothing as a means to contrast the drastic change between male and female.  All of this popped in my head in about five minutes and I typed it up in about another five.  I typed it up in the IM window as we talked.   When it was done, I thought "this could be a solid caption."  I decided to take the text, clean it up and do some revisions and had it checked for typos.  The thing that took the longest was the design.  It went thru two revisions until I decided on this one above.

I hope you lovely dolls enjoyed the little peek behind the exercise that created this cap.  Let me know what you think.  Until next time, dolls.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful caption Simone! And I love that this really came out of nowhere. You've made the cap match up with the image perfectly, and if I hadn't read your write up I would have guessed that you made this specifically for Evie, instead of it coming out of a quick lesson for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl in the image reminded me so much of Evie and I did a little tailoring to make it fit Evie more. I saw no reason why not, she adores transformation captions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved it hun, great cap. sorry been away for awhile, but all good. nice work hun. hugs, Sedra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a fantastic caption in so many ways. The story is wonderful, the picture is amazing, even the layout seems to suggest at the disorientation from such a sudden change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a "Beta" of this cap that doesn't have quite the same design and while it's perfectly alright, I felt it was too plain. I thought about posting it anyway just to show the drastic change. Perhaps I'll do it the next time I do a "Ask Mistress" segment. . . .

      Delete
  5. Looking at that caption I can see your technique perfectly.
    Thanks for the work.
    Rgds belinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you back reading captions and commenting, luv. Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
    2. i'll spare You the details but I was unwell for month.

      Delete
  6. Awesome caption, you do spoil me you know! :)

    It's interesting to hear how you put it together, I love having insights into peoples minds and how they do their captions. For now they I'm going to just focus on re-reading this delicious caption and squirming a bit in ecstasy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squirm all you like, I don't let my toys go easily. So very glad you enjoyed this.

      Delete
  7. Myth gets modernized in a Delicious Cap that hits all the right buttons. Loved the peek behind the veil to see the Sorceress at work in your blog post as well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...